Click Here to Return to the Membership Manual
ITEM 14: SAMPLE LETTER FROM DEPUTY REGENTS
TO FELLOWS – SHARE THE HONOR
Click Here to Download the Sample Letter as a Word Document
Date to be Sent: January of each year
Dear Constituent Fellow (Personalized first name of each Fellow),
Greetings from the International College of Dentists and the Board of Regents. I hope that you are enjoying a prosperous and healthy (year). I’m writing you to ask for your help in support of the USA Section of the College. Do you remember when you found out that you were being nominated as a candidate for Fellowship in the ICD? For me, it was one of the highlights of my professional career to be considered for the honor of Fellowship in the preeminent honorary dental society in the USA. I realized later that it was also professionally gratifying to be able to nominate one of my colleagues for this prestigious honor. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues this year. Your sponsor made the effort to be sure you were nominated. Don’t wait to exercise your privilege to do the same for one of you deserving colleagues.
If you are not sure how to nominate a Fellow, please do the following:
- Go to our website, www.usa-icd.org , and click on “Members” menu. Then open the “New Fellow Process.” All the information you need is right there.
- The process can be done entirely online and takes very little time to complete.
- You can also access this information on the ICD USA Section App available for your smart phone. In that APP just click “Share the Honor.”
- Please feel free to call me if you need help. The Section Office can also be of assistance. Their number is 301-251-8861.
Please remember the following points:
- You do not have to attend the convocation for the candidate you sponsor, although it is a memorable occasion if you can be there and participate.
- After your candidate is approved for Fellowship, they will receive all the information relative to the convocation. This year the convocation will be in October in (location). It will be a very special occasion.
- Although this is a great honor, your candidate may indicate they cannot make the trip this year. This need not be a reason for concern. After a candidate is accepted into Fellowship they can defer their induction up to two years in order to find a convocation location that works for them.
This is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the professional career of a deserving colleague. SHARE THE HONOR.
It will be a joy for you as well!