Click Here to Return to the Membership Manual
ITEM 3: LOCAL SCREENING COMMITTEES
COMPOSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LOCAL SCREENING COMMITTEES
Deputy Regents' Responsibilities
- Nominate Screening Committee(s)
- Receive suggested candidate names from website email and forward website Sponsor Letter to the Screening Committee
- Ensure timely Screening Committee responses
- Following Screening Committee response, handle process expeditiously by prescreening on website
- Keep process confidential
- Keep records of procedural process
- Assist Screening Committee appropriately
- Make constructive suggestions to Regent concerning process
- Review all Candidate Information Forms (CIF) on website for completeness prior to Approval. When approved the Regent receives an email with a link to website for candidate Approval.
- Members appointed by Chapter Deputy Regent
- Fellows in the USA Section with wisdom and experience
- Active in dentistry
- Representative knowledge of areas of the Chapter varies, and may require several geographic Screening Committees throughout the Chapter
- A minimum of three (3) Fellows of the Chapter
- Members of the Screening Committee should be confidential
Suggested areas to be considered in decision process
- Review letters received from the Deputy Regents written by sponsors for potential candidates, in an expeditious manner
- Forward approval/disapproval following candidate screening with appropriate comments to the Deputy Regent
- Confidential communication is essential
- Candidate’s professional reputation and ethics in the Chapter
- Strength of candidate’s potential, i.e., professional, social, and community qualifications
- Do accomplishments to date represent conspicuous and meritorious service to the profession, community, including church and service organizations?
- Dental activities participation, leadership positions, committees, councils, etc.
- Other known membership qualifications such as leadership positions in non-dental activities, i.e. banks, philanthropic organizations, not-for-profit groups, etc.