Click Here to Return to the Membership Manual
ITEM 21: LETTER TO FELLOWS ELECTING TO
LEAVE FELLOWSHIP AND EXIT SURVEY
The Officers and the Regents are saddened to learn that you have chosen not to renew your membership in the International College of Dentists. In order that we might improve the College and be responsive to our individual member’s needs, would you please take a few moments of your time and complete the exit survey below, and submit your response to the International College of Dentists in the envelope provided. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
- What was your motivation for accepting Fellowship in the ICD? Please circle all that apply.
- Recognition of my career achievements
- Honor of being an ICD Fellow
- Prestige among my peers
- Good for my practice
- How many years have you been a Fellow?
- Please tell us why you have decided not to renew your Fellowship.
- We constantly strive to make the ICD better. Please tell us what the College could have done to improve your Fellowship experience and retain your membership.
- If you would like to be contacted regarding possible reinstatement, please provide the best way to contact you.
Our Bylaws regarding Membership and Reinstatement are stated below. You may be eligible for Membership with a reduced annual dues assessment.
The Bylaws Article IV., Section 2 Life Fellowship:
The Bylaws Article V. Dues and Induction Fee, Section 5. Reinstatement:
- Privileges: The Life Fellow will be granted all the privileges specified in Article IV, Section 5 of these bylaws upon payment of the prescribed fee as established by the Board of Regents plus state dues (if applicable).
- Eligibility: Any Fellow in good standing, who has been an Active dues-paying member a minimum of fifteen (15) years and is at least seventy (70) years of age or has a combination of years of membership and age of eighty five (85) may petition the Section for Life Fellowship.
- Under certain circumstances, Fellows may be eligible for one of three (3) subclasses of Life Fellowship which differ in eligibility from that of standard Life Fellowship:
- Life Retired Fellowship:
- Privileges: The Life Retired Fellow will be granted all the privileges specified in Article IV, Section 5 of these bylaws upon payment of the prescribed fee as established by the Board of Regents plus state dues (if applicable).
- Eligibility: Any Active Member who has been a Fellow in good standing for no less than ten (10) years and has retired totally from active practice, research, administration, or teaching of dentistry will be eligible for Life Retired Fellowship dues status if they so petition the Section.
- Life Emeritus Fellowship:
- Privileges: Emeritus members will be granted all of the privileges specified in Article IV, Section 5 of these bylaws; however, they will have all dues and assessments waived, and will receive all publications electronically.
- Eligibility: Any Fellow in good standing may petition the Section for Life Emeritus membership if that Fellow has reached the age of eighty-six (86) and paid Active dues for at least one (1) year may so petition the Section for Life Emeritus Fellowship.
- Life Disabled Fellowship:
- Privileges: The Life Disabled Fellow is exempt from the payment of dues assessments and will be granted all the privileges specified in Article IV, Section 5 of these bylaws.
- Eligibility: A Fellow of the Section who has suffered significant financial hardship because of a permanent or temporary disability may be granted Life Disabled Fellowship by the Board of Regents.
- If such Life Disabled Fellow returns to practice, research, administering or teaching of dentistry, the Fellow will be reclassified to their previous class of membership upon the Fellow’s notification to the Registrar of such a change. [GC1-20]
Any former Fellow may request for a one time only reinstatement by making application to the Registrar. The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Regent with an arrangement for the payment of the current year’s dues and reinstatement fee. The reinstatement fee will be established by the Board of Regents each year and this fee will be applied to USA Section I dues revenue. [EC01-21]
We sincerely hope that you will reconsider and retain your membership, for together we can grow the International College and allow it to fulfill its mission in the present and future. It is an honor to have been selected by your peers for your integrity and service to the profession.
Elaine C. Wagner, DDS
ICD USA Section
610 Professional Drive, Suite 201
Gaithersburg, MD 20879