Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a Candidate for Fellowship in the International College of Dentists!
Any Fellow in good standing may "Sponsor" a dentist within the USA Section for Fellowship through the Constituent Chapter/State in which the candidate resides.
Per our Bylaws, prerequisites to Fellowship are:
- Membership in a national dental organization recognized by the USA Section Board of Regents (CLICK HERE here to view the list).
- Must have been at least 5 years in his/her dental career
- Must be a graduate of an ADA recognized dental school
- Must be recognized as an active contributor to the dental profession and/or community
- Must have high integrity and character
OVERVIEW OF NOMINATION PROCESS
The sponsorship process is entirely electronic and the website will prompt you by email through the process. Please check your email often.
- To start the sponsorship process, log on to the website and go to your landing page by clicking on your name in the upper right gold bar.
- Click on the green tab My Candidates and select Click here to start. You will be taken to the Online Sponsor Form.
- Enter Candidate information and click Save. You will be brought to the Candidate’s landing page to add a letter of support and then you will receive an email with further instructions.
- This information is emailed to the Deputy Regent to present to the Screening Committee for approval.
- If you receive an email stating the screening committee has approved your Candidate, please follow the steps below. Share the following information with your Candidate before proceeding:
When all items are completed (Sponsor Page, 2 letters of recommendation and Candidate Information Form), the system will forward these items by email to the Deputy Regent then on to the Board of Regents for the final voting.
- You would like to nominate them for ICD Fellowship if they are interested
- Indicate the honor of Fellowship
- Refer them to our ICD webpage for information: www.usa-icd.org
- If your candidate is interested please inform them of the following:
- There is an induction fee ($650) (This covers the actual cost of the required induction event.)
- There is annual dues ($275) plus state dues.
- There is an expectation of participation in USA Section activities after Fellowship bestowal.
- Forward the Candidate the LINK provided in the approval email for them to complete the Candidate Information Form (CIF). Note: They must click the "SAVE DRAFT BUTTON" if they are unable to finish the CIF in one sitting. They will receive an email with a "new link" to take them back to the incomplete form for completion at a later time, but they must use this new link.
- In the same email, you will see a request asking for the Second Letter of Recommendations by an ICD Fellow. Please forward the LINK provided in the email to that Fellow. NOTE: ALL FELLOWS MUST LOGIN AFTER CLICKING ON THE LINK TO UPLOAD OR WRITE THE LETTER.
The Nomination Process must be completed online for each Candidate by October 1, 2020.
If you should have any questions, please call or email Jennifer Greenville at email@example.com
ONLINE NOMINATION PROCESS FLOWCHART